- Title: Kubica to leave Williams at end of season
- Date: 19th September 2019
- Summary: GROVE, ENGLAND, UK (FILE - FEBRUARY 11, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** 2019 WILLIAMS F1 CAR UNVEILED WITH TEAM DRIVERS ROBERT KUBICA AND GEORGE RUSSELL VARIOUS OF KUBICA POSING WITH RUSSELL NEXT TO CAR VARIOUS OF KUBICA SPEAKING TO MEDIA
- Embargoed: 3rd October 2019 13:48
- Keywords: Formula One Robert Kubica Williams
- Location: BARCELONA AND VALENCIA, SPAIN / ANDORA, ITALY / GROVE, ENGLAND, UK
- City: BARCELONA AND VALENCIA, SPAIN / ANDORA, ITALY / GROVE, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: Poland
- Topics: Motor Racing,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA001AXBPOOV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Robert Kubica announced on Thursday (September 19) he will leave former champions Williams at the end of the year, a move likely to bring down the curtain on his extraordinary Formula One racing comeback.
The 34-year-old made his return in 2019, eight years after suffering near-fatal injuries including a partially severed right arm in a minor rally in Italy on the eve of the 2011 season.
"I have taken the decision that I will not continue more with Williams after this year," he said at the Singapore Grand Prix.
Williams are last in the championship with just one point, scored by Kubica.
He remains the only Polish driver to have raced in the Formula One world championship.
(Production: Mussab Al-Khairalla)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None