- Title: France's Macron meets Qatari emir in wake of Saudi oil attack
- Date: 19th September 2019
- Summary: MACRON AND AL-THANI POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS THEN ENTERING PALACE VARIOUS OF MACRON AND AL-THANI MEETING
- Embargoed: 3rd October 2019 13:12
- Keywords: France Qatar Emmanuel Macron Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani Elysee Palace Saudi oil attack
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA003AXBQERR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: President Emmanuel Macron welcomed Qatar's ruling emir Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani to the Elysee presidential palace on Thursday (September 19) in the wake of an attack on Saudi oil installations.
France will send experts to Saudi Arabia to help with investigations into an attack on Saudi oil installations, Macron's office said on Wednesday (September 18).
The attack, which halted half the kingdom's output, could harm French diplomacy meant to avert a feared U.S.-Iranian conflict, diplomats told Reuters after Macron's top envoy held talks in Saudi Arabia.
(Production: Pascale Antonie)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None