- Title: Wall Street ends mixed as Microsoft, Apple offset
- Date: 19th September 2019
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (SEPTEMBER 19, 2019) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) THOMSON REUTERS STOCKS BUZZ, TERENCE GABRIEL, SAYING: "So, the question is here is, even if we can make new highs, how sustainable really will it be? A lot of that will probably depend on whether or not there's a favorable resolution to the U.S. - China trade dispute. Certainly, there's expectation that that's going to perhaps move in the right direction. If it doesn't, it would certainly be a very negative surprise."
- Embargoed: 3rd October 2019 21:19
- Keywords: New York Stock Exchange NYSE closing bell markets stocks
- Location: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Economic Events,Equities Markets
- Reuters ID: LVA002AXBRVRH
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Wall Street ended mixed on Thursday (September 19), with a dip in Apple shares offsetting a gain in Microsoft shares a day after the Federal Reserve cut interest rates as expected and left the door open for further monetary easing.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 52.9 points, or 0.19%, to 27,094.18, the S&P 500 gained 0.03 points, or 0.00%, to 3,006.76 and the Nasdaq Composite added 5.49 points, or 0.07%, to 8,182.88.
(Production: Aleksandra Michalska)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None