- Title: Grateful Dead contributor, Robert Hunter, dies
- Date: 24th September 2019
- Summary: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (FILE - JUNE 18, 2015) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF ROBERT HUNTER POSING FOR PICTURES ON RED CARPET AT SONGWRITERS HALL OF FAME
- Embargoed: 8th October 2019 21:05
- Keywords: Robert Hunter dead died Grateful Dead music singer obituary
- Location: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK + EAST TROY, WISCONSIN, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK + EAST TROY, WISCONSIN, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA001AY0RCJR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Grateful Dead songwriter Robert Hunter has died at the age of 78.
Rolling Stone magazine published a statement from the songwriter's family that read: "He died peacefully at home in his bed, surrounded by love. His wife Maureen was by his side holding his hand. For his fans that have loved and supported him all these years, take comfort in knowing that his words are all around us, and in that way his is never truly gone. In this time of grief please celebrate him the way you all know how, by being together and listening to the music. Let there be songs to fill the air."
Hunter, who was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2015, co-wrote many of the Grateful Dead's songs with Jerry Garcia, including "Touch of Grey," "Casey Jones" and "Friend of the Devil."
The songwriter and poet also penned lyrics for Bob Dylan and released several solo albums and books.
(Production: Alicia Powell)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None