- Title: Chinese customers bemoan absence of 5G function as iPhone 11 hits stores
- Date: 20th September 2019
- Summary: VARIOUS OF CUSTOMER TAKING PICTURES WITH IPHONE 11
- Embargoed: 4th October 2019 06:28
- Keywords: iPhone Apple 5G China Market telecom smart phone
- Location: SHANGHAI/BEIJING, CHINA
- City: SHANGHAI/BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA002AXGMVD3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The new iPhone 11 series hit stores in China on Friday (September 20) among worries from fans that Apple may lose China's market for missing out on 5G technology.
The latest iPhone, featuring a three-lens camera as one of its new major functions, was unveiled on September 10 after one of its biggest competitors Huawei, a Chinese phone and telecom equipment maker, rolled out its first 5G phone two months ago. The model is slightly cheaper than its predecessors, a rare move for Apple.
"That's definitely for sure (that Apple will lose the market). I think by the end of next year, especially in big cities like Beijing, 5G will be commonplace," said Apple customer Liu Liu, 33.
Apple has yet to set a date to launch a 5G phone but fans worry that if the California-based phone giant can't put out new 5G phone next year it may lose China's market.
(Production: Thomas Suen, Jiang Xihao)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains computer game or software screenshots. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.