- Title: Stocks gain as investors look past impeachment risk
- Date: 25th September 2019
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (SEPTEMBER 25, 2019) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) FLYNN ZITO CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, CO-FOUNDER, DOUG FLYNN, SAYING: "Yes, I think, Trump is, you know, they'll respond yesterday to his comments that he's going to be tough. And then today he's, like, 'we're closer than we think' So, a lot of this is really the short term reaction to those things. Long-term, we're going to get a deal. I'm not a hundred percent convinced we're gonna get this deal before the election or is it gonna be the best deal we ever had. You know, maybe it's a skinny version of that deal, but I do think we're on our way to getting a deal. We do need one. But to me China takes the long view in a lot of a lot of ways. And in my opinion really looking to see, are they're going to deal with this guy for another four years or not, so they might not be so quick to do the deal before, but he's going to keep playing this every time things look a little soft, he's going to... he's going to keep tweeting or saying things that don't make the market move, as you're seeing. That's exactly what's happening."
- Embargoed: 9th October 2019 21:07
- Keywords: New York Stock Exchange NYSE closing bell markets stocks Doug Flynn
- Location: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Economic Events,Equities Markets
- Reuters ID: LVA002AY5QPHP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The S&P 500 notched its biggest daily gain in two weeks on Wednesday (September 25) as investors looked past Democrats' attempt to impeach President Donald Trump, while Nike shares jumped on upbeat quarterly results.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 162.94 points, or 0.61%, to 26,970.71, the S&P 500 gained 18.24 points, or 0.61%, to 2,984.84 and the Nasdaq Composite added 83.76 points, or 1.05%, to 8,077.38.
(Production: Aleksandra Michalska)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None