- Title: Russia's parliament finds broadcaster Deutsche Welle broke law
- Date: 27th September 2019
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (RECENT) (REUTERS) KREMLIN STAR
- Embargoed: 11th October 2019 12:55
- Keywords: Russia Deutsche Welle parliament Duma foreign agent media fredom of media
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA005AYFOSAV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Russia's parliament will ask the foreign ministry to consider revoking German broadcaster Deutsche Welle's right to work in the country for breaking Russian laws, Russian news a senior lawmaker said on Friday (September 27).
The lawmaker, Vasily Piskarev, said a parliamentary investigation had found cases in which Deutsche Well had urged Russians to attend an unauthorised protest this summer, TASS, RIA and other agencies reported.
There was no immediate comment from the broadcaster.
Piskarev said the parliamentary investigation would also look into whether coverage by Britain's BBC and the U.S.-funded Radio Liberty had breached Russian election law, the agencies reported.
(Production: Anton Derbenev)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None