- Title: Cheika recalls Foley for crucial Wales clash
- Date: 27th September 2019
- Summary: KURTLEY BEALE STRETCHING IN GYM
- Embargoed: 11th October 2019 10:59
- Keywords: Rugby World Cup Australia Wales Cheika
- Location: TOKYO, JAPAN
- City: TOKYO, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Rugby Union,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA002AYFMM2N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Australia coach, Michael Cheika has changed his halfback pairing for Sunday's blockbuster Pool D clash at the Rugby World Cup against Wales, bringing Will Genia and Bernard Foley back into the side in place of Nic White and Christian Leali'ifano.
Adam Ashley-Cooper replaced the banned Reece Hodge on the right wing and will win his 120th cap for his country in a match that is likely to decide which of the two countries tops the pool.
A report by an independent disciplinary tribunal has revealed that Australia winger Reece Hodge, banned for a dangerous high tackle against Fiji, was not aware of World Rugby's new rules about tackles.
The panel, whose findings were released on Thursday (September 26), added that it was concerned by Hodge's admission and promised to consider the matter further.
Cheika told reporters his players are taught to tackle "middle" and that they don't "need the framework to tell players where to tackle."
The coach went on to say that it was up to Hodge to decide whether he wanted to appeal his three-match ban. He had 48 hours from receiving the ban on Wednesday to lodge an appeal.
(Production: Jill Gralow)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.