- Title: L'Oreal celebrates female empowerment with glamorous runway show
- Date: 28th September 2019
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTRESS, AMBER HEARD, SAYING: "I think it'd be great to start asking questions that automatically assume that women understand their power and the nature of that power. I think that's a better conversation, a more interesting conversation to have, and it's certainly one I would like to be asked in a different way in general. It's about how we know we function from a place of power, and rather reiterating how important it is to believe that and do something with it."
- Embargoed: 12th October 2019 20:13
- Keywords: Paris Fashion Week Eva Longoria Amber Heard Soo Joo Park L'Oreal fashion show beauty Monnaie de Paris
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA005AYKM63D
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French cosmetics brand L'Oreal hosted its annual runway show on the sidelines of Paris Fashion Week on Saturday (September 28), featuring an all-star cast of movie stars, singers and supermodels.
Celebrities including British supermodel Naomi Campbell sat on the front row for the show, held in the inner courtyard of the Paris Mint.
Actress Amber Heard and pop star Camilla Cabello strutted the circular catwalk in their first-ever appearances at the show, alongside long-time brand ambassador Eva Longoria, actress Andie McDowell, model Doutzen Kroes, and former Spice Girl Geri Horner.
A barefoot and smiling Helen Mirren closed the show in a floral dress, running joyfully on stage.
L'Oreal, an official sponsor of Paris Fashion Week, collaborated with fashion houses such as Balmain, Elie Saab, Karl Lagerfeld and Giambattista Valli to dress its high-profile models.
The world's biggest beauty manufacturer, behind labels such as Maybelline and Armani, said that it wanted promote female empowerment and diversity in the third edition of the show.
"Self-worth is very important, it is more than a lipstick or a hair colour", she said. "Just knowing that you're worth more and you're worth the best," said Longoria.
Paris Fashion Week runs until Oct. 1.
(Production: Anthony Paone, Kathryn Carlson)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None