- Title: Navalny joins protesters at opposition rally in Moscow
- Date: 29th September 2019
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (SEPTEMBER 29, 2019) (REUTERS) PROTESTERS GATHERED IN FRONT OF STAGE PLACARDS IN SUPPORT OF JAILED PROTESTER PROTESTERS WITH FLAGS AND BANNERS JOURNALISTS NEAR STAGE WITH BACKGROUND READING (Russian) 'SET THEM FREE!' OPPOSITION LEADER ALEXEI NAVALNY SPEAKING TO JOURNALISTS NEAR STAGE PLACARD READING (Russian): 'PUTIN, LEARN AND RESPECT CONSTITUTION OF THE COUNTRY' PROTESTERS PLACARD READING (Russian): 'PEOPLE SHOULD NOT PAY FOR MISTAKES OF AUTHORITIES' PROTESTERS HOLDING BALLOON, PLASTIC CUP AND PLASTIC BOTTLE VARIOUS OF PROTESTERS
- Embargoed: 13th October 2019 13:34
- Keywords: Russian protests political prisoners Russian opposition Moscow protests protests agains police violence rally in Moscow Alexei Navalny
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001AYPN70N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A Moscow rally to demand the release of protesters had drawn 9,000 people on Sunday as of 1200 GMT and more people were arriving, a Russian protest monitor, White Counter, said on Twitter.
It said police were not blocking the entrance to the venue.
The rally, called to demand the release of protesters jailed this summer, has been authorised by the Moscow mayor's office, meaning mass detentions by police are less likely to happen.
(Production: Dmitry Madorskiy, Lev Sergeev, Maria Vasilyeva)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.