- Title: Hong Kong protesters attack man said to be 'pro-Beijing'
- Date: 29th September 2019
- Summary: HONG KONG, CHINA (SEPTEMBER 29, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** PROTESTERS SCUFFLING / PUNCHING AND KICKING A MAN VARIOUS OF INJURED PROTESTER BEING TREATED VARIOUS OF DAMAGED CAR ABANDONED IN THE STREET VARIOUS OF INJURED PROTESTER BEING TREATED POLICE OFFICER SHOUTING AND POINTING TEAR GAS GUN AT PROTESTERS IN FRONT OF MEDIA TAKING PICTURES POLICE OFFICER SPRAYING PEPPER SPRAY AT PROTESTERS FROM DOOR OF POLICE VAN POLICE GROUPING WITH SMOKE IN THE BACKGROUND PROTESTER PICKING UP TEAR GAS CAN FROM FLOOR PROTESTER PICKING UP TEAR GAS CANS FROM FLOOR / THROWING THEM IN THE DIRECTION OF THE POLICE
- Embargoed: 13th October 2019 16:50
- Keywords: Hong Kong protesters protest attack beating injure
- Location: HONG KONG, CHINA
- City: HONG KONG, CHINA
- Country: Hong Kong
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Civil Unrest
- Reuters ID: LVA001AYPMEKN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Hong Kong protesters on Sunday (September 29) attacked a man who they said to be a pro-Beijing supporter after another series of violence clashes hit the Chinese-ruled city.
The man, whose identity is not confirmed, was confronted by handful of black-clad protesters and kicked to the ground before being pulled away from the crowd.
Running battles in the Causeway Bay shopping district, Wan Chai bar area and the Admiralty district of central government offices followed a night of showdowns with police in the Chinese-ruled city after a peaceful pro-democracy rally turned ugly on the streets nearby.
More protests are planned in the run-up to China's October 1 National Day, marking the 70th anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic.
(Production: Ebrahim Harris, Xihao Jiang, Aleksander Solum, Chiara Rodriquez)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None