- Title: Two dead after rollercoaster fall in Mexico City
- Date: 29th September 2019
- Summary: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO (SEPTEMBER 28, 2019) (REUTERS) BODY OF VICTIM CARRIED OUT ON STRETCHER BY PARAMEDICS PARAMEDICS BY AMBULANCE, COVERING UP ENTRANCE TO AMBULANCE WITH 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' BANNER AS VICTIM IS MOVED TO AMBULANCE GENERAL VIEW OF AMUSEMENT PARK WHERE ACCIDENT TOOK PLACE (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) OFFICIAL FROM MEXICO CITY CIVIL PROTECTION BODY, MIRIAM URZUA, SAYING: "Two people died, two people were injured. Those who were injured are in the hospital being treated. Those who died have been removed from the site. This is now in the hands of prosecutors and prosecutors have already taken the necessary steps for an investigation: what happened, how did it happen, who is responsible for what happened and how things will happen from here on in." ROLLERCOASTER WITH SCAFFOLDING ON THE SIDE AMBULANCE LEAVING AMUSEMENT PARK (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) EYEWITNESS, ROSALBA RODRIGUEZ, SAYING: "I saw that the last carriage fell. (Reporter: Did you hear anything out of the ordinary?) No. It (rollercoaster) had done a few rounds and nothing happened until what happened." ONLOOKERS POLICE CAR LEAVING AMUSEMENT PARK POLICE ON DUTY GENERAL VIEW OF SHUTTERED AMUSEMENT PARK
- Embargoed: 13th October 2019 02:31
- Keywords: rollercoaster accident victims Mexico City Feria de Chapultepec Mexico
- Location: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
- City: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
- Country: Mexico
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents
- Reuters ID: LVA001AYPPA2V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: At least two people were killed and two others seriously injured after falling from a rollercoaster at a theme park in Mexico City on Saturday (September 28), local media reported.
According to an eyewitness, the victims fell to the ground when the last carriage came off the tracks.
The park has been evacuated whilst authorities attend to victims and investigate the scene.
(Production: Roberto Ramirez, Mundo Diaz)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None