- Title: British Brexit negotiator expected to hand over new proposal to EU officials
- Date: 2nd October 2019
- Summary: BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (OCTOBER 2, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF CAR CARRYING BRITISH BREXIT NEGOTIATOR DAVID FROST ARRIVING AT THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION FROST GETTING OUT OF CAR AND ENTERING COMMISSION BUILDING PEOPLE ENTERING COMMISSION BUILDING EUROPEAN FLAGS VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION
- Embargoed: 16th October 2019 14:34
- Keywords: UK backstop Brexit European Commission EU Britain European Union island of Ireland David Frost United Kingdom proposal Boris Johnson
- Location: BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
- City: BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
- Country: Belgium
- Topics: European Union,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001AZEO7YF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:British Brexit negotiator David Frost arrived at the EU's executive headquarters in Brussels on Wednesday (October 2) where he was expected to hand over Britain's latest proposal on Brexit to EU officials.
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson wants changes over arrangements with the bloc for the border between the British province of Northern Ireland and EU member Ireland.
The European Union has repeatedly asked Britain to come up with "legal and operational" proposals for changes to the Withdrawal Agreement that his predecessor Theresa May negotiated with the bloc last year.
On Wednesday Johnson was to announce a final offer to the EU and say that, if Brussels does not engage with it, Britain will stop talking and leave on October 31 regardless.
(Production Bart Biesemans, Hortense de Roffignac)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None