- Title: Welcome to bigger and better White House - Russian PM welcomes Duterte
- Date: 2nd October 2019
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (OCTOBER 2, 2019) (RUSSIAN POOL) RUSSIAN PRIME MINISTER DMITRY MEDVEDEV GREETS PHILIPPINES' PRESIDENT RODRIGO DUTERTE, MEDVEDEV AND DUTERTE SHAKE HANDS, WALK TOWARDS MEETING HALL RUSSIAN AND PHILIPPINE DELEGATIONS TAKING SEATS (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) RUSSIAN PRIME MINISTER DMITRY MEDVEDEV, SAYING: "During your visits there also will be a range of documents signed which are important for our bilateral relations. I am very glad to welcome you in Moscow, in the House of Russian Government. It is sometimes call the white house. But it is not the white house which is in another country. It is the House of the Russian Government, although it is sometimes called the white house. But it is bigger. And better. (LAUGHS)" DUTERTE LISTENING TALKS IN PROGRESS MEDVEDEV LISTENING (SOUNDBITE) (English) PHILIPPINES' PRESIDENT RODRIGO DUTERTE, SAYING: "We work on consecutive mechanisms and explore ways to expand our cooperation in various areas including trade and investments, defence and security, energy, science and technology among others." MEDVEDEV LISTENING TALKS IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 16th October 2019 14:27
- Keywords: Russia Dmitry Medvedev Rodrigo Duterte Phinippines Moscow
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001AZELVET
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte held talks with Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev on Wednesday (October 2).
Duterte arrived in Russia for a four-day visit on Tuesday (October 1) and is expected to travel to the Black Sea resort of Sochi where he will join Russia's Vladai discussion club of experts and meet President Vladimir Putin on Thursday (October 3).
This is Duterte's second visit to Russia following his first trip in 2017 which was cut short due to an attack in southern Philippines that forced him to return sooner.
Medvedev said that during Duterte's visit a number of documents on cooperation between the two countries will be signed.
(Production: Maria Vasilyeva)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None