- Title: Vintage mood in Louis Vuitton's star-studded closing of Paris Fashion Week
- Date: 1st October 2019
- Summary: DOOR OPENING BENEATH IMAGE OF TRANSGENDER SINGER SOPHIE, MODEL WALKING OUT IN PUFF-SLEEVED BLOUSE LAYERED WITH SEQUINED TOP AND BLACK SLACKS MODEL IN PUFF-SLEEVED BLOUSE, SEQUINED TOP AND BLACK SLACKS AUDIENCE INCLUDING DENEUVE, CONNELLY, ARNAULT, BUSINESSMAN XAVIER NIEL, VIKANDER, TIMBERLAKE, BIEL AND RONSON WATCHING MODEL ADUT AKECH IN PRINTED DRESS MODEL IN THIGH-LENGTH LACE DRESS, LAYERED WITH LIME GREEN FLARED PANTS AND EMBROIDERED COAT MODEL IN FLORAL HIGH-COLLARED TOP WITH PUFFY SLEEVES, LEATHER TULIP SKIRT AND KNEE-HIGH BOOTS MODEL IN LONG-BELL-SLEEVED DRESS WITH PSYCHEDELIC PRINT MODEL IN WHITE CREAM COAT AND PANTS ENSEMBLE, BOWLER HAT, AND CARRYING CURVED MONOGRAMMED BAG MODEL IN DRESS WITH LACED, HIGH-COLLARED PRINTED TOP, AND CREAM-COLOURED DRAPED BOTTOM AND CHUNKY MAROON BOOTS CELEBRITIES WATCHING MODELS IN FINAL WALK LOUIS VUITTON CREATIVE DIRECTOR NICOLAS GHESQUIERE WALKING OUT AND SMILING GHESQUIERE NODDING TO ACKNOWLEDGE AUDIENCE
- Embargoed: 15th October 2019 21:15
- Keywords: Louis Vuitton Nicolas Ghesquiere Jennifer Connelly Justin Timberlake Jessica Biel Chloe Grace Moretz Bernard Arnault Paris Fashion Week
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA003AZ9ON6H
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Louis Vuitton closed Paris Fashion Week on Tuesday (October 1) with a vintage-feel collection, as models strutted in A-line dresses with high-collars and psychedelic prints.
Nicolas GhesquiÃ¨re, the artistic director of the brand's women's wear, displayed its Spring-Summer 2020 collection in a stripped-back space built in the Louvre's courtyard.
Celebrity couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel were joined by Jennifer Connelly and Alicia Vikander in the front row.
The catwalk was dominated by art nouveau prints, flare pants and three-piece suits evocating the fashion game in the 1970s.
A lace dress was layered with neon-green bell-bottom pants and a pale, embroidered jacket, while a draped dress with a high neckline and bell sleeves was paired with chunky maroon boots.
Models walked on a bare catwalk to the music of transgender artist Sophie, whose image was projected on a digital wall.
Tailored blouses and slacks made for clean silhouettes, punctuated with sequined tops, while some models donned bowler hats and the brand's signature monogrammed bags.
The Louis Vuitton show is the finale of the nine-day Paris Fashion Week.
(Production: Michaela Cabrera, Thierry Chiarello)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.