- Title: Vintage mood in Louis Vuitton's star-studded closing of Paris Fashion Week
- Date: 1st October 2019
- Summary: ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF PYRAMID OF LOUVRE MUSEUM SEEN FROM BEHIND ARCHWAY, AS GUESTS ENTER SHOW AREA SINGER JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, ACTRESS JESSICA BIEL TALKING TO MAN ACTRESS JENNIFER CONNELLY GREETING GUEST, LVMH CHAIRMAN AND CEO BERNARD ARNAULT BEHIND TALKING TO ANOTHER GUEST ACTRESS CHLOE GRACE MORETZ LOOKING ON CONNELLY TALKING TO ACTRESS ALICIA VIKANDER CONNELLY, VIKANDER, TIMBERLAKE, BIEL AND SONGWRITER/PRODUCER MARK RONSON POSING FOR PHOTO ACTRESS CATHERINE DENEUVE LOOKING ON DENEUVE GREETING GUEST
- Embargoed: 15th October 2019 21:15
- Keywords: Louis Vuitton Nicolas Ghesquiere Jennifer Connelly Justin Timberlake Jessica Biel Chloe Grace Moretz Bernard Arnault Paris Fashion Week
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA002AZ9ON6H
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Louis Vuitton closed Paris Fashion Week on Tuesday (October 1) with a vintage-feel collection, as models strutted in A-line dresses with high-collars and psychedelic prints.
Nicolas GhesquiÃ¨re, the artistic director of the brand's women's wear, displayed its Spring-Summer 2020 collection in a stripped-back space built in the Louvre's courtyard.
Celebrity couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel were joined by Jennifer Connelly and Alicia Vikander in the front row.
The catwalk was dominated by art nouveau prints, flare pants and three-piece suits evocating the fashion game in the 1970s.
A lace dress was layered with neon-green bell-bottom pants and a pale, embroidered jacket, while a draped dress with a high neckline and bell sleeves was paired with chunky maroon boots.
Models walked on a bare catwalk to the music of transgender artist Sophie, whose image was projected on a digital wall.
Tailored blouses and slacks made for clean silhouettes, punctuated with sequined tops, while some models donned bowler hats and the brand's signature monogrammed bags.
The Louis Vuitton show is the finale of the nine-day Paris Fashion Week.
(Production: Michaela Cabrera, Thierry Chiarello)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None