- Title: Austria's Kurz meets with president to discuss forming new government
- Date: 2nd October 2019
- Summary: VIENNA, AUSTRIA (OCTOBER 2, 2019) (REUTERS) AUSTRIAN CONSERVATIVE PEOPLE'S PARTY (OVP) LEADER WALKING DOWN CORRIDOR TO MEET WITH PRESIDENT MEDIA KURZ COMING INTO MAIN ROOM / SHAKING HANDS WITH AUSTRIAN PRESIDENT ALEXANDER VAN DER BELLEN / KURZ WALKING TO ROOM MEDIA VAN DER BELLEN SHAKING HANDS WITH DELEGATES VAN DER BELLEN AND KURZ GOING INTO ROOM FOR TALKS
- Embargoed: 16th October 2019 09:50
- Keywords: Austrian government Austrian elections President Van der Bellen Sebastian Kurz People's Party (OVP)
- Location: BERLIN, GERMANY
- City: BERLIN, GERMANY
- Country: Austria
- Topics: Government/Politics,Elections/Voting
- Reuters ID: LVA001AZEKQBR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Austrian conservative leader Sebastian Kurz who triumphed in Sunday's election (September 29) met with the president on Wednesday as talks begin on forming a new government.
Kurz' People's Party emerged well ahead with 37% of the vote but he will need a coalition partner to control parliament.
Kurz, 33, has not ruled out any coalition partners and has said he will speak to all parties in parliament.
President Alexander Van der Bellen, a former leader of the Greens who will oversee the process, will formally task Kurz with forming a coalition.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None