- Title: Videos show near crashes by Tesla vehicles using parking function
- Date: 2nd October 2019
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - JANUARY 12, 2018) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF TELSA MODEL 3
- Embargoed: 16th October 2019 20:56
- Keywords: parking crashings crash selfparking driving tesla 3 users Elon Musk Tesla small drivers
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA005AZEPA2T
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: QUALITY AS INCOMING
The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said Wednesday (October 2) it is aware of reports of minor crashes involving Tesla Inc.â€™s Smart Summon feature that allows people to retrieve a parked vehicle remotely by using an app.
On Twitter, users have posted videos of Tesla vehicles that appear to not respond correctly, while others shared their experience with the feature working normally.
NHTSA said it "is aware of reports related to Tesla's Summon feature. We are in ongoing contact with the company and we continue to gather information".
Tesla did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
(Production: Christina Anagnostopoulos, Mariana Sansdoval)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None