- Title: Police open fire on protesters in Baghdad
- Date: 2nd October 2019
- Summary: BAGHDAD, IRAQ (OCTOBER 2, 2019) (REUTERS) PROTESTERS RUNNING FROM POLICE AS SHOTS HEARD / TEAR GAS BEING THROWN AT PROTESTERS / BILLOWING SMOKE / PROTESTERS RUNNING PAST BURNING FIRES / MAN SHOUTING
- Embargoed: 16th October 2019 14:27
- Keywords: Iraq Iraq Protests Anti-Government protests continue in Baghdad Middle East police security demonstration shooting
- Location: BAGHDAD, IRAQ
- City: BAGHDAD, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Civil Unrest,Editors' Choice
- Reuters ID: LVA001AZEOB47
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Security forces opened fire and threw tear gas at protesters demonstrating in Iraq's capital Baghdad on Wednesday (October 2).
Demonstrations had entered a second day with protesters rallying against unemployment, corruption and a lack of public services.
A large crowd was marching between Tahrir Square and Tayaran Square when police shot into the crowd, sending the protesters running in the other direction.
(Production: Maher Nazeh, Lucy Marks, Hannah Ellison)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None