- Title: Injured carried to ambulances after police open fire on Baghdad protesters
- Date: 2nd October 2019
- Summary: BAGHDAD, IRAQ (OCTOBER 2, 2019) (REUTERS) MAN CARRYING INJURED MAN AND RUNNING DOWN STREET / ANOTHER MAN PICKING UP AN INJURED MAN OFF THE ROAD AND CARRYING HIM / PROTESTERS RUNNING WITH INJURED PEOPLE AS TEAR GAS GOES OFF AROUND THEM AMBULANCE PULLING UP / MAN BEING CARRIED BY GROUP OF PEOPLE TO AMBULANCE / MEN OPENING AMBULANCE DOORS AND PUTTING ANOTHER INJURED MAN IN AMBULANCE / SMOKE BILLOWING IN DISTANCE AMBULANCE ON SCENE PREPARING TO DRIVE AWAY ANOTHER AMBULANCE DRIVING AWAY / OTHER AMBULANCES PARKED AMBULANCE WITH SIDE DOOR OPEN DRIVING AWAY
- Embargoed: 16th October 2019 14:44
- Keywords: Iraq protesters police shooting riot rally injured Baghdad protest
- Location: BAGHDAD, IRAQ
- City: BAGHDAD, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Civil Unrest,Editors' Choice
- Reuters ID: LVA001AZEOFUV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Protesters in Baghdad rushed to carry the injured to safety after police open fired on an anti-government rally in the Iraqi capital on Wednesday (October 2).
Demonstrations had entered a second day with protesters rallying against unemployment, corruption and a lack of public services.
A large crowd was marching between Tahrir Square and Tayaran Square when police shot into the crowd, sending the protesters running in the other direction. Police also fired tear gas to disperse the demonstrators.
Protesters could be seen picking up injured people lying on road and running towards ambulances while shielding themselves from tear gas.
(Production: Maher Nazeh, Lucy Marks)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None