- Title: Gunfire heard as night descends on Baghdad protests
- Date: 2nd October 2019
- Summary: BAGHDAD, IRAQ (OCTOBER 2, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** AMBULANCES DRIVING AMID PROTESTERS, PROTESTERS WAVING IRAQ FLAG ON TOP OF VEHICLE PROTESTERS WITH PROTECTIVE FACE MASKS WALKING, SMOKE RISING IN BACKGROUND AMBULANCES AMONG PROTESTERS / SOUND OF SIRENS PROTESTERS MARCHING AND CHANTING PROTESTERS HOLDING MOBILE PHONES IN AIR FILMING / PROTESTERS WAVING FLAGS AND CHANTING PROTESTERS MARCHING / SMALL FIRE BURNING ON ROAD / SMOKE BILLOWING BURNING TIRE VARIOUS OF AMBULANCES AMONG PROTESTERS / FIRES BURNING BAGHDAD, IRAQ (OCTOBER 2, 2019) (REUTERS) (NIGHT SHOTS) TWO MEN SITTING ON WALL / SOUND OF GUNFIRE / SMALL FIRES BURNING / PROTESTERS RUNNING
- Embargoed: 16th October 2019 16:23
- Keywords: Iraq protests Anti-government protests in Iraq gun fire tear gas security forces open fire on protesters demonstrations Middle East violence
- Location: BAGHDAD, IRAQ
- City: BAGHDAD, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Civil Unrest
- Reuters ID: LVA001AZEOU2V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Gunfire was heard on Wednesday (October 2) as night descended on the second day of protests in Iraqi capital Baghdad.
Security forces had used live fire and tear gas throughout the day to disperse demonstrators rallying over unemployment, corruption and poor public services.
Protesters were seen burning tires, waving flags and chanting.
Ambulances were on hand at the scene to carry away those injured during the demonstrations.
(Production: Maher Nazeh, Paul Warren, Hannah Ellison)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None