- Title: Oprah Winfrey honors Bob Iger at the Save the Children gala
- Date: 3rd October 2019
- Summary: EXTERIOR OF VENUE
- Embargoed: 17th October 2019 20:25
- Keywords: Save The Children anniversary Harrison Ford Calista Flockhart California Jennifer Garner
- Location: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA007AZJL4CT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Oprah Winfrey helped honor Disney CEO Bob Iger at Save the Children's Centennial Celebration: Once in a Lifetime's west coast gala in Beverly Hills, California on Wednesday (October 2).
Winfrey recently declared she'd campaign for Iger if he was to run for president, however while accepting his award he made clear he would not be entering the race.
"I am not about to become the 25th or the 30th person seeking the presidency in 2020. But I certainly hope that whoever runs and whoever wins makes the safety and well-being of children their number one priority," said Iger.
The 100-year-old organization was founded on the belief that 'every child deserves a future' and operates on three missions; 'to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm.'
Among the celebrity guests were actors Harrison Ford and Anthony Anderson, while Jennifer Garner served as host and James Taylor provided the evening's entertainment.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None