- Title: Russia to increase energy and equipment supplies to Philippines - Putin
- Date: 3rd October 2019
- Summary: SOCHI, RUSSIA (OCTOBER 3, 2019) (RUSSIAN POOL) RUSSIAN PRESIDENT, VLADIMIR PUTIN, MEETING PHILIPPINES' PRESIDENT, RODRIGO DUTERTE / LEADERS SHAKING HANDS AND ENTERING MEETING HALL PUTIN AND DUTERTE SHAKING HANDS AND POSING FOR PHOTO, NATIONAL FLAGS AND TITLE (English): "16TH ANNUAL MEETING OF THE VALDAI DISCUSSION CLUB. OCTOBER 2019, SOCHI" IN BACKGROUND BILATERAL MEETING IN PROGRESS / PHILIPPINE AND RUSSIAN DELEGATIONS AT TABLE (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) RUSSIAN PRESIDENT, VLADIMIR PUTIN, SAYING: "Russian companies are ready to expand the supplies of energy products, aircraft, transport facilities, and (OVER DUTERTE LISTENING) specialized machinery to Philippines. We are interested in further increase of industrial cooperation, (BACK TO PUTIN SPEAKING) in fostering cooperation in peaceful nuclear development, space exploration and digital technology. It is important to foster direct ties between entrepreneurs." MEETING IN PROGRESS (SOUNDBITE) (English) PHILIPPINES' PRESIDENT, RODRIGO DUTERTE, SAYING: "We have also made historic firsts in the key strategic areas from the economic to defence, security and military technical cooperation. In 2018, the BRP Tarlac (Philippine Navy ship) made a port call at Vladivostok - the first ever (inaudible) navy. This was a highly political issue of importance given that a few years back this would have been unthinkable." RUSSIAN AND PHILIPPINE LEADERS, DELEGATIONS AT MEETING
- Embargoed: 17th October 2019 15:44
- Keywords: Duterte - Putin Russia - Philippines Rodrigo Duterte Vladimir Putin The BRP Tarlac port call in Vladivostok
- Location: SOCHI, RUSSIA
- City: SOCHI, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001AZJNCXZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Russian President Vladimir Putin said Russian companies were ready to increase energy and equipment supplies to Philippines during the bilateral meeting with his Philippine counterpart, Rodrigo Duterte, in the Black sea resort of Sochi on Thursday (October 3).
Putin stated that Russian enterprises stand ready to boost supplies of energy products, aircraft, transport facilities, and specialized machinery. According to the president, Russia is interested in cooperating with the Philippines in peaceful nuclear development, space exploration and digital technology.
Duterte called the Philippine deployment of the Navy ship, the BRP Tarlac, in Vladivostok last year an event of major political importance which enhanced bilateral relationship between countries.
The leaders met in Sochi on the sidelines of the 16th Annual Meeting of the Valdai Discussion Club.
(Production: Anastasia Adasheva)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None