- Title: Putin: we will keep working with U.S. to the extent they will
- Date: 3rd October 2019
- Summary: SOCHI, RUSSIA (OCTOBER 3, 2019) (RUSSIAN POOL) VARIOUS OF RUSSIAN PRESIDENT, VLADIMIR PUTIN, SEATED ON STAGE, SPEAKING AUDIENCE (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) RUSSIAN PRESIDENT VLADIMIR PUTIN, SAYING (STARTS OVER WIDE OF VALDAI SUMMIT PARTICIPANTS ON STAGE): "All the internal political fighting there has reached an extreme stage. I think this (OVER AUDIENCE) has never happened in the history of the United States. But life goes on. We must take into account what is going on (OVER PUTIN SPEAKING) domestically there. It is impossible to stop working with such a global power as the United States and I plan to do this to the extent they can do the same." Q&A IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 17th October 2019 19:46
- Keywords: Russia President Vladimir Putin Valdai summit Sochi U.S.-Russia relations
- Location: SOCHI, RUSSIA
- City: SOCHI, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,International/National Security
- Reuters ID: LVA001AZJO66F
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Moscow is willing to keep working with Washington even as President Donald Trump's focus shifts to his domestic political woes, Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday (October 3).
"We must take into account what is going on domestically there," Putin told a conference on international politics.
"It is impossible to stop working with such a global power as the United States and I plan to do this to the extent they can do the same."
(Production: Maria Stromova)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None