- Title: Wall Street opens higher on modest job growth in Sept
- Date: 4th October 2019
- Summary: UNIDENTIFIED LOCATION (FILE) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF EMPLOYMENT OFFICE
- Embargoed: 18th October 2019 15:21
- Keywords: Wall Street stocks economy jobs report unemployment
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YROK + UNIDENTIFIED LOCATION, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YROK + UNIDENTIFIED LOCATION, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Economic Events,Equities Markets
- Reuters ID: LVA003AZON8UL
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. stocks opened higher on Friday (October 4) after data showed a moderate increase in job growth in September, with the unemployment rate dropping to a 50-year low, easing worries of a sharp slowdown in the world's largest economy.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 70.66 points, or 0.27%, at the open to 26,271.70.
The S&P 500 opened higher by 7.93 points, or 0.27%, at 2,918.56. The Nasdaq Composite gained 36.17 points, or 0.46%, to 7,908.44 at the opening bell.
(Production: Angela Moore)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains photographs or artwork. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.