- Title: North Korea embassy prepares for U.S. nuclear talks
- Date: 4th October 2019
- Summary: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN (OCTOBER 4, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF EXTERIOR OF NORTH KOREAN EMBASSY BUILDING PLAQUE ON EMBASSY GATE JOURNALISTS WAITING OUTSIDE EMBASSY POLICE OFFICER PATROLLING OUTSIDE, JOURNALISTS STANDING BY GATES POLICE CAR PARKED AT EMBASSY REAR ENTRANCE POLICE OFFICER, DRIVER AT REAR OF EMBASSY, DRIVER GETTING INTO CAR VARIOUS OF CAR WITH DARKENED WINDOWS LEAVING EMBASSY
- Embargoed: 18th October 2019 11:25
- Keywords: North Korean U.S. denuclearization talks North Korea - U.S. talks North Korea embassy prepares for nuclear talks nuclear North Korean embassy in Sweden
- Location: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- City: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- Country: Sweden
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001AZOMGCN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Journalists gathered outside the North Korean embassy in Stockholm on Friday (October 4) to catch a glimpse of the country's negotiating team ahead of denuclearization talks with their U.S. counterparts.
The North Korean delegation, headed by the country's chief nuclear negotiator Kim Myong Gil, arrived in Sweden on Thursday (October 3).
Police were outside the embassy as cars left the building, in the suburb of Lindingo, close to the city centre, but declined to comment when asked if the cars contained the North Korean diplomats.
The delegation arrived after North Korea announced it had successfully test-fired a new submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) from the sea to contain external threats and bolster self-defence.
The launch on Wednesday (October 2) was the most provocative by North Korea since it resumed dialogue with the United States in 2018 and a reminder by Pyongyang of the weapons capability it has been aggressively developing, including intercontinental ballistic missiles, analysts said.
(Production: Philip O'Connor, Louisa Naks)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None