- Title: Brewmasters showcase traditional beer in North Ossetia
- Date: 5th October 2019
- Summary: VARIOUS OF FESTIVAL JURY TASTING BEER LARGE CUP OF BEER FESTIVAL JURY TASTING BEER
- Embargoed: 19th October 2019 14:07
- Keywords: beer traditional beer beer festival ethnic festival Russian south
- Location: VLADIKAVKAZ, RUSSIA
- City: VLADIKAVKAZ, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA002AZTLF09
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Beer connoisseurs got a chance to taste traditional Ossetian beer and food as well as drinks from Turkey and France on Friday (October 4) at a festival.
Apart from drinks, the visitors also got to have traditional pies and grilled meat while enjoying the views of snow-covered mountain peaks.
"This is essential for our young generation. They need to see what our ancestors did. How did they make it and learn the recipes," said festival visitor Alexander Dogyzov.
Ossetian beer tastes differently compared to traditional blonde, having a more of a bitter flavour. Beer brewed from melt-water from the icy mountains was traditionally used as a ritual drink for celebrations.
(Production: Kazbek Basaev, Dmitry Turlyun)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.