- Title: Second whistleblower in Trump-Ukraine scandal comes forward - lawyer
- Date: 6th October 2019
- Summary: KIEV, UKRAINE (FILE - JANUARY 16, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF THEN-U.S. VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN AND UKRAINIAN PRESIDENT PETRO POROSHENKO ENTERING BUILDING (SOUNDBITE) (English) THEN U.S. VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN, SAYING: "You are fighting both against the cancer of corruption which continues to eat away at Ukraine's democracy within, and the unrelenting aggression of the Kremlin."
- Embargoed: 20th October 2019 14:05
- Keywords: Joseph Maguire Trump Joe Biden Ukraine Michael Atkinson Zelenskiy Kurt Volker whisteleblower Hunter Biden Adam Schiff Mark Zaid second whistleblower
- Location: WASHINGTON, D.C.,CEDAR RAPIDS, IOWA, NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES; KIEV, UKRAINE; INTERNET
- City: WASHINGTON, D.C.,CEDAR RAPIDS, IOWA, NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES; KIEV, UKRAINE; INTERNET
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA004AZZFGHZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:EDIT HAS PROFANITY IN SHOT #8
A second whistleblower, with first-hand knowledge of President Donald Trump's dealings with Ukraine, has spoken with the intelligence community's internal watchdog, the lawyer representing the official said on Sunday (October 6).
Mark Zaid confirmed in an interview with ABC's "This Week" that the second official, also from the U.S. intelligence community, has been interviewed by the inspector general. Zaid represents the first whistleblower who filed a complaint involving a July 25 phone call Trump held with Ukraine's president in which he asked him to investigate a Democratic rival, former Vice President Joe Biden.
(Production: Deborah Lutterbeck)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None