- Title: Moldova celebrates Wine Day, sets eyes on Asian markets
- Date: 6th October 2019
- Summary: VARIOUS OF DANCERS IN TRADITIONAL COSTUMES PERFORMING
- Embargoed: 20th October 2019 13:27
- Keywords: wine festival export wine Moldovan wine wine market
- Location: CHISINAU, MOLDOVA
- City: CHISINAU, MOLDOVA
- Country: Moldova
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA002AZYL8HL
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Thousands of Moldovans flocked to the central square of the capital Chisinau on Saturday (October 5) to celebrate the National Wine Day and take advantage of a rare opportunity to taste wines from various corners of the country.
Listening to traditional songs and watching folk dance people moved from tent to tent, tasting different wines from less-stylish brands poured from plastic bottles to exclusive ones, which won prizes at international wine festivals.
Wine makers said they set sites on Asian markets, which are seen as a huge opportunity because of the high demand and low local production.
Exports of wines and spirits such as cognac and vodka are a big currency earner for Moldova - which has a population of 3.5 million and is one of Europe's poorest states.
(Production: Dorin Scobioala, Dmitry Turlyun)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.