- Title: Mexicans celebrate 50-year career of 'ranchera' king Vicente Fernandez
- Date: 8th October 2019
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) VICENTE FERNANDEZ FAN, MARIA LUIS TORRES, SAYING: "Everyone is moved and we feel proud of him. I am a personal fan of his and I feel really moved. I've been out to his ranch several times since he opened the doors."
- Embargoed: 22nd October 2019 01:14
- Keywords: Mexico Mexican singer Vicente Fernandez music ranchera mariachi tribute homage
- Location: GUADALAJARA, MEXICO
- City: GUADALAJARA, MEXICO
- Country: Mexico
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA003B03NYAH
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: With lively songs and cheers, fans of Mexico's famed "King of the Ranchera," Vicente Fernandez, came out to pay tribute to the star's 50-year career.
Fernandez has won countless awards during a career spanning five decades and released more than 100 albums and appeared in some 25 motion pictures.
Fernandez is considered a folk hero in Mexico, and has attracted a huge following in other Latin American countries as well.
Fernandez is considered the quintessential Mexican crooner. Expansive sombreros, intricately embroidered mariachi suits, a stark black mustache and a rich tenor give him the perfect persona for singing traditional Mexican songs of love and loss.
(Production: Jose Luis Osorio, Manuel Carrillo)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None