- Title: Wall Street falls amid caution on trade
- Date: 7th October 2019
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (OCTOBER 7, 2019) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) NEEDHAM GROWTH FUND (NEEGX), MANAGING DIRECTOR, EVP, PORTFOLIO MANAGER, CHRIS RETZLER, SAYING: "What we're seeing globally is an economic slowdown. We're not thinking recession, but we are decelerating, which, for many people, it feels like when you take off in an airplane, and then the engines slow down a little bit you kind of, like, 'huh?'. And I think that's where we are. But that's going to probably continue, I think, through the end of the year. Clearly, you know, CFOs, CEOs are reading the same headlines that we're all reading here on Wall Street, and there's volatility out there. The geopolitical issues, the trade issues, there's a lot of uncertainty. You know, we don't know what those outcomes will be, but we think, probability-wise, the economy should begin to re accelerate next year."
- Embargoed: 21st October 2019 21:07
- Keywords: recession fears jobs report international trade tariffs Chris Retzler Needham Growth Fund
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Economic Events,Equities Markets
- Reuters ID: LVA002B03NMH9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. stocks eased on Monday (October 7) as reports on the U.S.-China trade front kept investors cautious ahead of scheduled talks later in the week.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 96.65 points, or 0.36%, to 26,477.07, the S&P 500 lost 13.38 points, or 0.45%, to 2,938.63 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 26.18 points, or 0.33%, to 7,956.29.
(Production: Aleksandra Michalska)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None