- Title: Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones reunite for "The Aeronauts"
- Date: 7th October 2019
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (OCTOBER 7, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF JONES POSING FOR PHOTOS DIRECTOR AND SCREENWRITER TOM HARPER POSING FOR PHOTOS HARPER POSING FOR PHOTOS AND WALKING PAST JONES ON THE RED CARPET / JONES ON RED CARPET REDMAYNE AND WIFE HANNAH BAGSHAWE POSING FOR PHOTOS REDMAYNE POSING FOR PHOTOS, WALKING ONTO RED CARPET AND HUGGING JONES ACTOR LEWIN LLOYD POSING FOR PHOTOS PHOTOGRAPHERS PRODUCER TODD LIEBERMAN POSING FOR PHOTOS REDMAYNE POSING FOR SELFLESS WITH FANS AND SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS
- Embargoed: 21st October 2019 22:15
- Keywords: The Aeronauts Eddie Redmayne Felicity Jones London Film Festival
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM AND VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM AND VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA003B03NQDP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Actors Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones did not let the wet weather dampen their mood as they appeared on the London Film Festival red carpet on Monday (October 7) to premiere their new Amazon movie "The Aeronauts".
The film reunites Jones and Oscar-winner Redmayne as pilot Amelia Wren and real-life scientist James Glaisher in their hot-air balloon expedition to reach unrivalled heights.
Redmayne and Jones co-starred in "The Theory of Everything," for which Redmayne won an Oscar for his portrayal of physicist Stephen Hawking. Jones, who played Hawking's ex-wife Jane, was nominated for an Oscar.
"The Aeronauts" story is based on a Sept. 5, 1862, hot-air balloon expedition by Glaisher and balloonist Henry Coxwell which broke the world record for flight altitude.
"The Aeronauts" will have a two-week run in U.S. theatres starting Dec. 6, before launching on Amazon Prime Video. It is released in the United Kingdom on November 6.
(Production: Graham Kelly, Hanna Rantala)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None