- Title: Kremlin questions veracity of report on Trump-Putin calls
- Date: 7th October 2019
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (FILE - SEPTEMBER 9, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF KREMLIN TOWER
- Embargoed: 21st October 2019 15:24
- Keywords: Trump-Putin calls Kremlin on Trump-Putin calls Washington Post report Kremlin reaction on Trump-Putin calls
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA / BISHKEK, KYRGYZSTAN / UNKNOWN LOCATION
- City: MOSCOW, RUSSIA / BISHKEK, KYRGYZSTAN / UNKNOWN LOCATION
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001B03MP8N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Russian President Vladimir Putin's office dismissed as untrustworthy on Monday (October 7) a Washington Post report about his telephone conversations with U.S. President Donald Trump.
Trump's calls with foreign leaders have come into sharper media focus since his opponents in the House of Representatives launched a formal impeachment inquiry alleging that he pressed Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy to investigate Joe Biden, one of Trump's political rivals.
According to the Oct. 4 Washington Post report, in one of his first calls with a foreign leader after becoming U.S. president in 2017, Trump had "fawned" over Putin and apologised for not calling him earlier.
In another call, Trump reportedly sought advice from Putin on how to befriend North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
(Production: Anastasia Adasheva)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None