- Title: Pakistani PM Khan meets China's Premier Li
- Date: 8th October 2019
- Summary: BEIJING, CHINA (OCTOBER 8, 2019) (AGENCY POOL) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF BILATERAL MEETING IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 22nd October 2019 12:48
- Keywords: China Pakistan Li Keqiang Imran Khan
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA003B08ISEF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan met Chinese Premier Li Keqiang in Beijing on Tuesday (October 8) to discuss the security situation in the disputed region of Kashmir as well as economic ties.
After an official welcome, the two held bilateral talks.
Khan's visit also include talks on the progress of the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), the $60 billion infrastructure program China launched as part of its flagship "Belt and Road" project.
Chinese Foreign Ministry said Tuesday (October 8) China hoped India and Pakistan would strengthen dialogue on disputes including that over Kashmir to enhance mutual trust and improve relations.
Tensions over Kashmir have risen drastically since August when New Delhi revoked the autonomy of its portion of the territory, which both India and Pakistan rule in part and claim in full.
(Production: Thomas Suen, Martin Pollard)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None