- Title: Soccer-Tah, Gundogan ruled out, Reus doubtful against Argentina-Loew
- Date: 8th October 2019
- Summary: LOEW ON LAPTOP
- Embargoed: 22nd October 2019 14:13
- Keywords: soccer German FA DFB Argentina friendly international
- Location: DORTMUND, GERMANY
- City: DORTMUND, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA002B08JJ9B
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Germany's Jonathan Tah and Ilkay Gundogan will miss Wednesday's friendly international against Argentina through injury, while Marco Reus is doubtful, coach Joachim Loew said on Tuesday, keeping expectations low for his makeshift team.
The Germans are without close to a dozen players, including injured Toni Kroos, Leroy Sane, Antonio Ruediger, Timo Werner, Leon Goretzka and Matthias Ginter.
Tah has now joined the list, sidelined with a cold, while Gundogan could still recover from a muscle injury and be fit for Sunday's Euro 2020 qualifier against Estonia, Loew said.
Germany, who travel to Estonia in their Euro 2020 qualifier on Sunday, are sitting top of Group C on 12 points from five matches, after losing to Netherlands in September. Northern Ireland are second on goal difference.
Argentina also have their share of absences, including world footballer of the year Lionel Messi as well as Angel Di Maria and Sergio Aguero.
There has been speculations over the goalkeeping position after Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness threatened to boycott his players from the national team should Manuel Neuer lose his slot to Marc-Andre Ter Stegen, but both Loew and Ter Stegen himself played down the row.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains computer game or software screenshots. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.