- Title: Neymar set for 100th cap, says happy at PSG
- Date: 9th October 2019
- Summary: SINGAPORE (OCTOBER 9, 2019) (REUTERS) BRAZIL STRIKER NEYMAR RECEIVING BRAZIL SHIRT NUMBERED 100 AHEAD OF HIS 100TH INTERNATIONAL NEYMAR HOLDING SHIRT NEYMAR JOURNALIST ASKING NEYMAR A QUESTION (SOUNDBITE) (Portuguese) BRAZIL FORWARD, NEYMAR, ON HIS BEST MEMORIES, SAYING: "I think there are many winning moments for me. If I had to choose three quicklyâ€¦ the first would be the start of everything, my first game in the United States. The first World Cup and the first goal in the World Cup too. I think those are three important moments with the national team that I remember with much pride." NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (Portuguese) BRAZIL FORWARD, NEYMAR, ON HIS EXPECTATIONS, SAYING: "Look, I hope to define the national team until the end of my career. Whenever it ends I hope that it lasts a long time. Regarding the criticisms that Tite gets, I don't have to speak to that. I'm on the national team for almost 10 years and ever since the first moment I set foot here, I've always had a lot of responsibility. I've always been one of the main names, one of those that always had to carry practically everything on his back. I don't hide from that, and if you stop to think, and correctly analyse, if I'm honest in these 10 years, I've always exercised my role on the Brazilian national team well." NEYMAR LISTENING TO A JOURNALIST'S QUESTION (SOUNDBITE) (Portuguese) BRAZILIAN FORWARD, NEYMAR, ON BREAKING RECORDS, SAYING: "In my life - I've always been very clear that I never wanted to score more goals than any such player or play more games than any such player. And yes, get my records and be better every game and every training session. I intend without spending too much time on the nation team - of course I need to show this at my club, which is always at the highest level - I do intend to score lots of goals and help the Brazilian national team in some way." PLAQUE HONOURING, NEYMAR, AHEAD OF HIS 100TH INTERNATIONAL CAP (SOUNDBITE) (Portuguese) BRAZIL FORWARD, NEYMAR, SPEAKING ABOUT PARIS ST GERMAIN, SAYING: "On the contrary, I'm happy at the national team and I'm happy at my club too. Everyone knows what happened in the transfer market, everyone knows of my will to leave. Anyways, that's already been explained. Today I feel happy, I feel calm in the club. I feel content, so it's not just with the national team that I'm happy, I also am (happy) at my club. And this season has started out really well for me. I'm really happy with my performance." NEYMAR'S SHIRT NEYMAR TRAINING AMONGST BRAZIL TEAM MATES BRAZIL COACH, TITE NEYMAR DURING TRAINING, DRIBBLING WITH THE BALL TITE NEYMAR, DURING TRAINING BRAZIL TRAINING UNDERWAY NEYMAR, DURING TRAINING BRAZIL PLAYERS WARMING UP
- Embargoed: 23rd October 2019 19:05
- Keywords: Brazil Singapore Neymar
- Location: SINGAPORE
- City: SINGAPORE
- Country: Singapore
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA001B0DIXQ7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Brazil superstar Neymar on Wednesday (October 9) received a special national team shirt with the number 100 on it to mark his upcoming 100th international cap.
Brazil take on Senegal on Thursday (October 10) before facing Nigeria on Sunday (October 13) in Singapore as part of their 2019 global tour.
Pressed to name his three most memorable moments while playing for his country, Neymar highlighted his international and World Cup debuts, as well as his first World Cup, before stating he is not fixated on scoring more goals than the legendary Pele.
On his club situation at Paris St Germain following a tumultuous transfer window, the 27-year-old said he was now content and happy with life in the French capital.
Neymar has featured 99 times for Brazil, scoring 61 goals and helping the national team to FIFA Confederations Cup glory in 2013 and Olympic gold in 2016.
(Production: Pedja Stanisic/ Mike Brock)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None