- Title: Goodenough, Whittingham and Akira Yoshino win 2019 Nobel prize in chemistry
- Date: 9th October 2019
- Summary: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN (OCTOBER 9, 2019) (REUTERS) MEMBERS OF ROYAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES ENTERING ROOM FOR NOBEL ANNOUNCEMENT (SOUNDBITE) (English) ROYAL SWEDISH ACADEMY OF SCIENCES SECRETARY GENERAL, GORAN K. HANSSON, SAYING: "The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has today decided to award the 2019 Nobel Prize in Chemistry jointly to John B. Goodenough, M. Stanley Whittingham and Akira Yoshino for the development of lithium-ion batteries."
- Embargoed: 23rd October 2019 11:01
- Keywords: NObel prizes Nobel in checmistry Stockholm
- Location: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- City: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- Country: Sweden
- Topics: Science
- Reuters ID: LVA001B0DLKJR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Scientists John Goodenough, Stanley Whittingham and Akira Yoshino won the 2019 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for the development of lithium-ion batteries, the award-giving body said on Wednesday (October 9).
The three winners will be sharing the 9 million Swedish crown ($906,000) prize.
(Production: Chiara Rodriquez)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None