- Title: 'He was an angel here on earth' - Jose Jose fans say their final goodbyes
- Date: 10th October 2019
- Summary: PEOPLE AT FUNERAL SERVICE (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) JOSE JOSE FAN, MARGARITA HERNANDEZ, SAYING: "Thank you, may God keep you by his breast for having given us your songs like an angel. He was an angel here on earth." PRIEST BLESSING CASKET WITH HOLY WATER PEOPLE HOLDING IMAGES OF JOSE JOSE (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) JOSE JOSE FAN, LINDA VEGA, SAYING: "I came to say goodbye to my idol. I thought they weren't going to bring him. I thank God that they did, that He allowed him to be here - half of him. Because can you believe he'll be all right there (United States)? He won't be all right there. He is here with Mexico and he'll always be in our hearts, and we love him."
- Embargoed: 24th October 2019 00:31
- Keywords: remains crooner Jose Jose ballads singer funeral service Guadalupe wake Mexico
- Location: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
- City: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
- Country: Mexico
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music,Editors' Choice
- Reuters ID: LVA006B0DOWN7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Family, friends and fans of famed Mexican singer Jose Jose attended a funeral service for the iconic crooner at Mexico City's Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe on Wednesday (October 9).
Jose Jose, whose powerful, romantic ballads captivated Latin America for more than half a century, died on September 28.
Jose Jose received several Grammy nominations, sold more than 250 million albums and was once courted by music legend Frank Sinatra, who wanted to win him for his own label.
He is often considered Mexico's most successful singer and was also an occasional actor.
(Production: Josue Gonzalez)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None