- Title: German interior minister pays respect to victims of synagogue shooting
- Date: 10th October 2019
- Summary: PEOPLE AT MAKE-SHIFT SHRINE WITH FLOWERS AND CANDLES / WOMEN CRYING AND HUGGING TWO WOMEN COMFORTING DISTRAUGHT WOMAN ARRIVAL OF GERMAN INTERIOR MINISTER HORST SEEHOFER AS WELL AS REINER HASELOFF, PRIME MINISTER OF STATE OF SAXONY-ANHALT FLOWERS AND CANDLES AT MAKE-SHIFT SHRINE SEEHOFER AND HASELOFF PAYING THEIR RESPECTS POLICE SEEHOFER TALKING TO RABBI / WALKING AWAY VARIOUS OF SYNAGOGUE
- Embargoed: 24th October 2019 13:38
- Keywords: Halle shooting Jewish community flowers blood stains German Interior Minister Horst Seehofer
- Location: HALLE, GERMANY
- City: HALLE, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice
- Reuters ID: LVA003B0IK85J
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:A gunman who denounced Jews opened fire outside a German synagogue on Yom Kippur, the holiest day of the Jewish year, and killed two people as he livestreamed his attack.
Several German media outlets said the perpetrator acted alone on Wednesday in the eastern German city of Halle. He fatally shot a woman outside the synagogue and a man inside a nearby kebab shop.
Two other people were seriously injured, but regional broadcaster MDR said their condition was not critical.
Police said they had detained one person, reported by German magazines Spiegel and Focus Online to be a 27-year-old German named Stephan B. His full name cannot be published under German privacy laws.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None