- Title: Japanese and South Korean delegations arrive at WTO
- Date: 11th October 2019
- Summary: GENEVA, SWITZERLAND (OCTOBER 11, 2019) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF WTO BUILDING ENTRANCE TO WTO BUILDING WTO LOGO ON ENTRANCE TO BUILDING JOURNALISTS AND SECURITY GUARD JOURNALISTS SOUTH KOREAN DELEGATION, LED BY CHUNG HAE-KWAN, DIRECTOR-GENERAL FOR TRADE AT SOUTH KOREAN TRADE MINISTRY, ARRIVING AND ENTERING BUILDING JOURNALISTS SECURITY GUARD JAPANESE DELEGATION, LED BY KURODA JUNICHIRO, DIRECTOR-GENERAL FOR TRADE AT THE JAPANESE ECONOMIC MINISTRY, ARRIVING AND ENTERING BUILDING
- Embargoed: 25th October 2019 09:49
- Keywords: World Trade Organization WTO Japan South Korea Switzerland trade dispute
- Location: GENEVA, SWITZERLAND
- City: GENEVA, SWITZERLAND
- Country: Switzerland
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001B0NLD1J
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Delegations from the Japanese and South Korean governments have arrived at the World Trade Organisation (WTO) headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland for talks in a bid to settle their trade dispute on Friday (October 11).
The two countries are meeting at the WTO to solve a dispute over tighter export controls launched by Japan in September, which South Korea say violate WTO trade rules.
South Korea's delegation, led by Director-General for Trade, Chung Hae-Kwan, were the first to arrive.
The Japanese delegation quickly followed, led by Trade Director-General, Kuroda Junichiro.
(Production: Cecile Mantovani, Kathryn Carlson)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None