- Title: Trump says acting Homeland Security Secretary McAleenan is stepping down
- Date: 12th October 2019
- Summary: SAN SALVADOR, EL SALVADOR (FILE - AUGUST 28, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF SALVADORAN PRESIDENT NAYIB BUKELE (RIGHT) POSING WITH MCALEENAN GENERAL VIEW OF NEWS CONFERENCE MCALEENAN SIGNING AGREEMENT AT LECTERN LAS PENITAS, PANAMA (FILE - AUGUST 23, 2019) (REUTERS) MCALEENAN ON GROUNDS OF MIGRANT SHELTER NEAR PANAMA AND COLOMBIA BORDER MCALEENAN WITH SOLDIERS
- Embargoed: 26th October 2019 01:34
- Keywords: Donald Trump acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan
- Location: OTAY MESA, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES AND SAN SALVADOR, EL SALVADOR AND LAS PENITAS, PANAMA
- City: OTAY MESA, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES AND SAN SALVADOR, EL SALVADOR AND LAS PENITAS, PANAMA
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA002B0SJMFB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. President Donald Trump said on Friday (October 11) that acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan was stepping down and a new acting chief of the agency would be named next week.
McAleenan became the fourth person to lead the agency under Trump in April after the Republican president asked for the resignation of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen.
Before becoming acting secretary, McAleenan served as commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, one of the agencies operating under the Department of Homeland Security.
(Production: Kristin Neubauer)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None