- Title: Fugitive French mass murder suspect arrested at Glasgow airport
- Date: 12th October 2019
- Summary: GLASGOW, SCOTLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (OCTOBER 11, 2019) (REUTERS) (NIGHT SHOTS) POLICE SCOTLAND HEADQUARTERS BUILDING VARIOUS OF POLICE SCOTLAND LOGO ON SIGN RECEPTION AREA OF POLICE SCOTLAND BUILDING VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF GLASGOW AIRPORT TERMINAL BUILDING VARIOUS OF GLASGOW AIRPORT SIGN BY ROADSIDE SIGN FOR CHECK-IN DESKS AND INTERNATIONAL ARRIVALS EXTERIOR OF TERMINAL BUILDING WITH PLANES ON RUNWAY PLANE ON RUNWAY
- Embargoed: 26th October 2019 02:46
- Keywords: France murder suspect Xavier de Ligonnes Glasgow airport police Scotland
- Location: GLASGOW, SCOTLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: GLASGOW, SCOTLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Crime
- Reuters ID: LVA001B0SJN7R
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A Frenchman suspected of killing his entire family in 2011 and who later disappeared, in a mystery that transfixed France, was arrested on Friday (October 11) afternoon at Glasgow airport in Scotland.
Xavier Dupont de Ligonnes has been sought by police over his suspected involvement in the deaths of his wife and their four children in the western city of Nantes. His disappearance had long stumped investigators, leading some to speculate that he had died.
Scottish police confirmed that a suspect had been detained on Friday, though they did not give details of his identity. A French police source confirmed that Dupont de Ligonnes had been arrested.
"A man was arrested at Glasgow Airport and remains in police custody in connection with a European Arrest Warrant issued by the French Authorities," Scottish police said in a statement. "Inquiries are ongoing to confirm his identity and we continue to liaise with our colleagues in the relevant agencies."
(Production: Edward Baran)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None