- Title: Activism in style at Sao Paulo Fashion Week
- Date: 14th October 2019
- Summary: SAO PAULO, BRAZIL (OCTOBER 13, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF LOOKS FROM ELLUS RUNWAY FOR SAO PAULO FASHION WEEK AUDIENCE AT FASHION SHOW VARIOUS OF LOOKS FROM ELLUS RUNWAY VARIOUS OF MODELS ON THE RUNWAY AT ELLUS SHOW WITH PLACARDS
- Embargoed: 28th October 2019 00:27
- Keywords: fashion activism Brazil Sao Paulo Fashion Week Ellus
- Location: SAO PAULO, BRAZIL
- City: SAO PAULO, BRAZIL
- Country: Brazil
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA001B12J9DV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Sao Paulo Fashion Week took a politically-charged tone on Sunday (October 13), with local designers embracing activism on the catwalk.
The 47th edition of Sao Paulo Fashion Week comes against the background of major events in Latin America's biggest nation. Raging wildfires, a reeling economy and controversial right-wing President Jair Bolsonaro have galvanised designers to take a stand on issues they are close to.
Local designer Ellus had his models brandishing placards that featured messages of positive impact on society. Cargo pants and designer face masks were prominent features in Ellus' show.
(Production: Pablo Garcia)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.