- Title: Kremlin: We don't want to consider possibility of Syria clash with Turkey
- Date: 14th October 2019
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (RECENT - OCTOBER 8, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF KREMLIN VIEWS
- Embargoed: 28th October 2019 11:16
- Keywords: Kremlin spokesman Russian military Syria military operation Turkey Syria Kurds army
- Location: RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA / MOSCOW, RUSSIA / BISHKEK, KYRGYZSTAN
- City: RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA / MOSCOW, RUSSIA / BISHKEK, KYRGYZSTAN
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Military Conflicts
- Reuters ID: LVA003B12LD8N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:The Kremlin said on Monday (October 14) it did not want to think about the possibility that Russian and Turkish forces might clash with one another in Syria and said Moscow was in regular contact with Ankara, including at a military level.
The Kremlin was commenting after Syrian Kurdish leaders said that a deal with the Syrian government, brokered by Russia, centered for now on Syrian army troops deploying along the border with Turkey.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters Moscow had already warned all sides in the Syrian conflict to avoid any action that could escalate the situation or damage a fragile political process.
(Production: Dmitry Turlyun)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None