- Title: Two charged in campaign finance case with Giuliani associates plead not guilty
- Date: 17th October 2019
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (OCTOBER 17, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF ANDREY KUKUSHKIN, WHO WAS INDICTED WITH ASSOCIATES OF RUDY GIULIANI, LEAVING MANHATTAN FEDERAL COURTHOUSE VARIOUS OF DAVID CORREIA, WHO WAS INDICTED WITH ASSOCIATES OF RUDY GIULIANI, LEAVING MANHATTAN FEDERAL COURTHOUSE
- Embargoed: 31st October 2019 20:23
- Keywords: Hunter and Joe Biden U.S. President Donald Trump Igor Fruman Andrey Kukushkin Ukraine Lev Parnas Rudolph Giuliani David Correia campaign finance violations
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions
- Reuters ID: LVA001B1HMGXZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Two U.S. businessmen accused of conspiring to violate campaign finance laws with former associates of President Donald Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani pleaded not guilty to the charges on Thursday (October 17).
Andrey Kukushkin, 46, and David Correia, 44, entered their pleas before U.S. District Judge Paul Oetken in federal court in Manhattan.
The case also involves Ukraine-born Lev Parnas and Belarus-born Igor Fruman, two Florida businessmen who have helped U.S. President Donald Trump's personal lawyer Giuliani investigate political rival Joe Biden. Prosecutors said Parnas and Fruman conspired to contribute foreign money including at least $1 million from an unidentified Russian businessman to candidates for federal and state offices to buy influence.
(Production: Hussein Waaile, Andrew Hofstetter, Catherine Koppel)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None