- Title: Embattled Carrie Lam stages first Facebook live after assembly chaos
- Date: 17th October 2019
- Summary: HONG KONG, CHINA (OCTOBER 17, 2019) (REUTERS) WOMAN WATCHING LAM'S FACEBOOK LIVE ON SCREEN VARIOUS OF ANGRY EMOJIS FLYING UP ON SCREEN COMMENTS ON LIVE POST VARIOUS OF LAM'S OFFICIAL FACEBOOK PAGE
- Embargoed: 31st October 2019 15:05
- Keywords: Hong Kong China facebook live Carrie Lam protest police address
- Location: HONG KONG, CHINA
- City: HONG KONG, CHINA
- Country: Hong Kong
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA002B1HH9ON
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Hong Kong's chief executive Carrie Lam staged a Facebook Live on Thursday (October 17) to discuss her annual policy speech and answer pre-submitted questions.
Lam was forced to cut short her address in the assembly due to heckling, as lawmakers demanded an inquiry into an attack on a human rights activist.
After 30 minutes of the one hour live video event, 5,700 "angry" emojis had been posted compared with 1,300 "likes".
Lam offered no olive branch to protesters in her policy speech, but sought to ease resentment by announcing measures to ease Hong Kong's chronic housing shortage that has partly fuelled protests.
(Production: Fabian Hamacher, Xihao Jiang, Joyce Zhou, Juarawee Kittisilpa)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains computer game or software screenshots. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.