- Title: Moscow Fashion Week rolls into metro depot
- Date: 18th October 2019
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) FASHION SHOW VISITOR, VIOLETTA SVECHKOVA, SAYING: "It's great when you can hold a fashion show somewhere out of town in an interesting location and not just at a venue allocated specifically for Fashion Week."
- Embargoed: 1st November 2019 11:40
- Keywords: fashion show metro depot fashion metro Moscow fashion week Moscow fashion
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA002B1MKEGP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Fashion went underground in Moscow on Thursday (October 17) as models gracefully walked between metro trains in outfits by Russian designer Aleksandr Arutiunov as part of Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week Russia.
The show was enjoyed not only by fashion enthusiasts, but by a group of depot workers who filmed the unusual scenes with their smartphones sharing a laugh.
The collection was inspired by five Moscow metro stations, Arutiunov said who used star-shaped patches and mosaics in his designs.
Metro's first metro line was opened in 1935, with stations resembling underground palaces. Twenty kinds of marble, along with granite and onyx, were used for the stations' walls and columns in the 1970s.
Stations are decorated with sculptures, bas-reliefs or colourful mosaics depicting different aspects of Soviet life or famous historical episodes, such as the Russian revolution, Stalin's rule and the World War Two.
Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week Russia will run in Moscow until Saturday (October 19) featuring 114 designers.
(Production: Lev Sergeev, Peter Scott, Dmitry Turlyun)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None