- Title: 'We have dreams' -Miss Wheelchair Mexico contestants compete for crown
- Date: 19th October 2019
- Summary: AUDIENCE USING NOISEMAKERS VARIOUS, CONTESTANT IN DRESSING ROOM (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) MISS WHEELCHAIR MEXICO CONTESTANT FROM THE STATE OF MICHOACAN, TERESA CRUZ, SAYING: "For inclusion, so that we're heard, and we also reiterate that we have dreams, that we have emotions, and we're people just like anyone else, just that we're in wheelchairs, but that makes no difference to continue living a full and normal life."
- Embargoed: 2nd November 2019 17:25
- Keywords: Wheelchair beauty contest pageant disabled women inclusion
- Location: COATZACOALCOS, MEXICO
- City: COATZACOALCOS, MEXICO
- Country: Mexico
- Topics: Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA003B1RJARN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: AUDIO AS INCOMING
Mexico's very first Miss Wheelchair pageant took place on Friday (October 18) in Coatzcoalcos, Veracruz state in an event that organizers and contestants hope will raise awareness for the inclusion of disabled persons in the country.
Pageant participants sparkled as they danced on stage and competed in categories like casual dress, traditional dress and gala outfits.
Judges crowned Karen Ross the winner of Friday's (October 18) pageant. Ross will travel to Paris, France next year and compete as Mexico's representative in Miss Wheelchair World.
(Production: Tamara Corro, Manuel Carrillo)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None