- Title: Islamabad rally expresses solidarity with people of Indian Kashmir
- Date: 20th October 2019
- Summary: PLACARD READING (English): "WE CHERISH SACRIFICES" AND "STOP KILLING KASHMIR"
- Embargoed: 3rd November 2019 16:40
- Keywords: Pakistan Jammu Kashmir Solidarity Movement rally Kashmir Azad demonstration flag protest Islamabad
- Location: ISLAMABAD, PAKISTAN
- City: ISLAMABAD, PAKISTAN
- Country: Pakistan
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA002B1WJ3GN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Thousands of demonstrators marched in the streets of Islamabad on Sunday (October 20) to express solidarity with the people of Indian Kashmir.
Men, women and children attended a rally organised by a group called the Jammu Kashmir Solidarity Movement, with some carrying a flag of Azad for Pakistsan-administered Kashmir that stretched five kilometres (three miles) in length.
Kashmir has been disputed by the two nuclear-armed neighbours since they both received independence in 1947. India and Pakistan fought two of their three wars over the region.
Tensions between the two countries have flared and there has been intermittent cross-border firing since Aug. 5, when New Delhi flooded Indian Kashmir with troops to quell unrest after it revoked the region's special autonomous status.
(Production: Salah Uddin, Shahabuddin Shahab)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains photographs or artwork. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.