- Title: Liverpool winning streak ends with draw at United
- Date: 20th October 2019
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (English) MANCHESTER UNITED MANAGER, OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER, SAYING: "Results always reflect the performances in the end. I've said it many times that I feel we haven't got the results that we've deserved. But it doesn't help me talking about it. We need to go out there and win games. One point today was the start of something, but we're still disappointed that we didn't get three. We're not excited because we got one point off a good team. We need to start winning games."
- Embargoed: 3rd November 2019 20:01
- Keywords: Soccer English Premier league Manchester United Liverpool Juergen Klopp Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Old Trafford
- Location: MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UK
- City: MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA007B1WHVZZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Manchester United ended Liverpool's 100% start to the Premier League season -- and their 17-match winning streak -- with a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford on Sunday (October 20).
But there was disappointment for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side who were five minutes away from a surprise win before Liverpool substitute Adam Lallana grabbed an equaliser for the league leaders to cancel out Marcus Rashford's 36th minute opener.
It was yet another Premier League game with VAR controversy which will continue to provoke debate about the system introduced this season.
The result cuts Liverpool's lead over second-placed Manchester City to six points and Juergen Klopp's side were far from their best.
United are now unbeaten in their last seven home games against Liverpool and while their battling display will boost morale, the 20-times champions are adrift in 13th place, 15 points behind the leaders.
(Production: Kurt Michael Hall)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None